For some strange reason I get this:

# sb at rama.site in ~/.golang/src/github.com/jubalh [11:12:56]
$ go vet
can't load package: package github.com/jubalh: no buildable Go source
files in /home/sb/.golang/src/github.com/jubalh

# sb at rama.site in ~/.golang/src/github.com/jubalh [11:13:02]
$ cd pinkman

# sb at rama.site in ~/.golang/src/github.com/jubalh/pinkman on
git:master x [11:13:06]
$ ls
pinkman pinkman.go stockfish1 UCIProtocol.html ui.go

# sb at rama.site in ~/.golang/src/github.com/jubalh/pinkman on
git:master x [11:13:07]
$ go vet
go tool: no such tool "vet"; to install:
      go get code.google.com/p/go.tools/cmd/vet

It seems as soon as I go in to the directory with the source files go
vet isn't recognized anymore?

This is my go env:
GOARCH="amd64"
GOBIN="/home/sb/.golang/bin"
GOCHAR="6"
GOEXE=""
GOHOSTARCH="amd64"
GOHOSTOS="linux"
GOOS="linux"
GOPATH="/home/sb/.golang"
GORACE=""
GOROOT="/usr/lib64/go"
GOTOOLDIR="/usr/lib64/go/pkg/tool/linux_amd64"
CC="gcc"
GOGCCFLAGS="-fPIC -m64 -pthread -fmessage-length=0"
CXX="g++"
CGO_ENABLED="1"

--
Michael

  • Tamás Gulácsi at Apr 14, 2015 at 9:47 am
    Have you installed the vet tool as it says?

  • Blue hut at Apr 14, 2015 at 9:48 am

[...]

    When I check which files got installed (I am on openSUSE using zypper to
    install go from official repo) the only binaries seem to be go and gofmt.

       rpm -ql go
    /etc/profile.d/go.sh
    /etc/rpm/macros.go
    /usr/bin/go
    /usr/bin/gofmt
    /usr/lib64/go
    /usr/lib64/go/contrib
    /usr/lib64/go/contrib/README-openSUSE
    /usr/lib64/go/contrib/pkg
    /usr/lib64/go/contrib/pkg/linux_amd64
    /usr/lib64/go/lib
    /usr/lib64/go/pkg
    ..
    /usr/share/go/src/cmd/go/vet.go

    Maybe the package of my distribution is wrong?