I'm having some strange problems, specifically with
cd go/test
go run run.go

I'm getting this
# go run run.go -- fixedbugs/issue9110.go
incorrect output
BUG: object leak: 0 -> 367 -> 431

and I can see all processors in htop to reaching full bar..

I had this problem earlier and I'm suspecting of by Debian-unstable/CPU
combination; but perhaps someone could shed some light...

I've just git cloned the master repository of Go (commit 180fbb16c46...)

Many thanks in advance
Dorival

  • Dave Cheney at Mar 27, 2015 at 6:41 am
    Does your shell adjust the value of GOMAXPROCS ? Don't do that.
    I'm having some strange problems, specifically with
    cd go/test
    go run run.go

    I'm getting this
    # go run run.go -- fixedbugs/issue9110.go
    incorrect output
    BUG: object leak: 0 -> 367 -> 431

    and I can see all processors in htop to reaching full bar..

    I had this problem earlier and I'm suspecting of by Debian-unstable/CPU
    combination; but perhaps someone could shed some light...

    I've just git cloned the master repository of Go (commit 180fbb16c46...)

    Many thanks in advance
    Dorival
  • Dorival Pedroso at Mar 27, 2015 at 6:51 am
    all right. by removing 'export GOMAXPROCS..', the problem has been fixed.
    many thanks again

    Does your shell adjust the value of GOMAXPROCS ? Don't do that.
    I'm having some strange problems, specifically with
    cd go/test
    go run run.go

    I'm getting this
    # go run run.go -- fixedbugs/issue9110.go
    incorrect output
    BUG: object leak: 0 -> 367 -> 431

    and I can see all processors in htop to reaching full bar..

    I had this problem earlier and I'm suspecting of by Debian-unstable/CPU
    combination; but perhaps someone could shed some light...

    I've just git cloned the master repository of Go (commit 180fbb16c46...)

    Many thanks in advance
    Dorival
  • Dave Cheney at Mar 27, 2015 at 8:02 am
    I'm glad I guessed correctly.

    This problem has come up a few times recently. The shell script that calls ./run.bash removes the GOMAXPROC environment variable before invoking go run run.go, but if called directly run.go does not.

    It is not clear if we should do something here, or where the change should be made.

  • Ian Lance Taylor at Mar 27, 2015 at 3:34 pm

    This problem has come up a few times recently. The shell script that calls ./run.bash removes the GOMAXPROC environment variable before invoking go run run.go, but if called directly run.go does not.

    It is not clear if we should do something here, or where the change should be made.
    I think it seems reasonable to have test/run.go call
    runtime.GOMAXPROCS.

    Ian

  • Dave Cheney at Mar 27, 2015 at 9:09 pm
    SGTM. Does anyone want to take a crack at this ? It's a good way to
    get a gentle introduction to the contribution process.