I made a certificate with the generate_cert.go file in the http package,
and it works fine on firefox, but chrome wont accept it (with no options to
allow), and I cant find it in the certificates settings in chrome to
manually allow the certificate either.

I used the -ca=true flag when creating the certificate.

Does anyone know if there is something I can modify when creating the
certificate to make it work in chrome?

  • Alex Howard at Mar 13, 2015 at 2:28 pm
    Seems this issue is a chrome (linux) issue, as the windows chrome is
    verified working.

    I thought it was a Go error because on linux I get this error
    NET::ERR_CERT_INVALID
    I made a certificate with the generate_cert.go file in the http package,
    and it works fine on firefox, but chrome wont accept it (with no options to
    allow), and I cant find it in the certificates settings in chrome to
    manually allow the certificate either.

    I used the -ca=true flag when creating the certificate.

    Does anyone know if there is something I can modify when creating the
    certificate to make it work in chrome?

  • Alex Howard at Mar 13, 2015 at 2:30 pm
    On windows it gives this error, which can be mitigated by accepting the
    certificate: NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID