I’m in the process of familiarizing myself with golang and realized I’m unhappy with how my find performance has scaled with recent hardware innovation(radical SSD performance, multicore). So I saw this as an opportunity to explore the nifty channels & goroutines available in golang. After playing around a bit with different strategies I found that I could get a significant speedup if a grabbed the root directory and simply spawned a goroutine(find) for each subdirectory of root. I decided to name it ‘gofind’.

So if you’re unhappy with your systemwide(or just large) finds despite having the latest hardware give gofind a try!

http://github.com/rfrangio/gofind <http://github.com/rfrangio/gofind>

Once I figure out how to get at syscalls used by find like fts_open() and such maybe I can improve the performance for even better finds.

-Bob

  • Egon at Mar 1, 2015 at 9:20 am
    Have you tried https://github.com/monochromegane/the_platinum_searcher

    + Egon
    I’m in the process of familiarizing myself with golang and realized I’m
    unhappy with how my find performance has scaled with recent hardware
    innovation(radical SSD performance, multicore). So I saw this as an
    opportunity to explore the nifty channels & goroutines available in golang.
    After playing around a bit with different strategies I found that I could
    get a significant speedup if a grabbed the root directory and simply
    spawned a goroutine(find) for each subdirectory of root. I decided to name
    it ‘gofind’.

    So if you’re unhappy with your systemwide(or just large) finds despite
    having the latest hardware give gofind a try!

    http://github.com/rfrangio/gofind

    Once I figure out how to get at syscalls used by find like fts_open() and
    such maybe I can improve the performance for even better finds.

    -Bob
  • Mattn at Mar 3, 2015 at 3:09 am
    How about this?

    https://github.com/mattn/files