Hi all, hope you guys can give me some advices!

I have a service for sending mail, every time a given a JSON message and a
Go template it generate a HTML mail and send it.
Things pretty simple with JSON since I can use a *map[string]interface{}*
to work with Go template, the service can keep running on the future
without the need to know message scheme.

Now I would like to use Google protobuf for the performance, but after
checking the *.proto file syntax(v2), their is no support for something
liek Go *map[string]interface{}*.
I have checking out proto3, they have support for map<string, string> but
It still not exactly what I need (and proto 3 still in alpha, not sure if
other language dirver support it).

Any suggesstion?
Thanks!

  • Axel Wagner at Jan 28, 2015 at 7:57 pm

    nvcnvn writes:
    Now I would like to use Google protobuf for the performance, but after
    checking the *.proto file syntax(v2), their is no support for something
    liek Go *map[string]interface{}*.
    Have you considered using gob?

  • Ugorji Nwoke at Jan 28, 2015 at 8:32 pm
    or msgpack, cbor, etc. There are other encodings which are interoperable
    (with implementations in c, c++, java, go, python, ruby, etc), widely used,
    and feel lightweight (like json).

    See http://ugorji.net/blog/serialization-in-go for a simple comparison of
    different encodings, and http://github.com/ugorji/go and
    http://ugorji.net/blog/go-codec-primer for go-codec source/usage