Hello,

there seems to several ways to exchange data between Go and Java. As
performance is important for me I would stick to a solution based on
sockets. I found a Go pluging for Apache Mesos. But Mesos is too big a
hammer for my purposes. Something simple that communicates directly through
sockets would be just fine. Any sugestions for something that is simple and
reliable?

Thanks, Haddock

  • Konstantin Khomoutov at Jan 27, 2015 at 1:00 pm

    there seems to several ways to exchange data between Go and Java. As
    performance is important for me I would stick to a solution based on
    sockets. I found a Go pluging for Apache Mesos. But Mesos is too big
    a hammer for my purposes. Something simple that communicates directly
    through sockets would be just fine. Any sugestions for something that
    is simple and reliable?
    Google Protocol Buffers?
    Cap'n Proto + nanomsg [2]?

    All of these are supported in both Java and Go.

    Sure there are other ways to exchange data, including
    other serialization formats and request/reply mechanisms (RPC, REST
    etc) or even something as simple as a custom hand-rolled TLV [1]
    protocol.

    1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type-length-value
    2. https://github.com/glycerine/gozbus

  • Robert Melton at Jan 27, 2015 at 1:42 pm

    there seems to several ways to exchange data between Go and Java. As
    performance is important for me I would stick to a solution based on
    sockets. I found a Go pluging for Apache Mesos. But Mesos is too big a
    hammer for my purposes. Something simple that communicates directly through
    sockets would be just fine. Any sugestions for something that is simple and
    reliable?
    ZMQ. http://zeromq.org/ --- can get it running in under 5 minutes, don't
    need to roll your own, fast enough for intrathread communication and tons
    of modes of operation.

    --
    Robert Melton | http://robertmelton.com