Hey, I am trying to fetch a web page (https://robertsspaceindustries.com/)
but keep getting the following error:

Code: https://play.golang.org/p/m1xlnSG8Er (go playground produces a
different error probably due to security restrictions)

$ go run main.go
2015/01/14 13:27:59 Get https://robertsspaceindustries.com/: remote error:
handshake failure
exit status 1

Other sites work fine with this code and I can fetch this site using curl,
wget and node.js without issue.

Can anyone help me debug this problem?

  • James Bardin at Jan 14, 2015 at 4:09 pm
    Not sure what's going on there.
    The server supports up to tls1.2, and shares multiple cipher suites with
    the Go implementation. I can also connect with openssl using one of the
    shared ciphers:

    SSL-Session:
         Protocol : TLSv1.2
         Cipher : AES256-SHA

    Looks like you can connect if you limit the connection to tls1.1 (set
    tls.Config.MaxVersion to tls.VersionTLS11).

    Sorry, I don't have time at the moment to investigate further.

    different error probably due to security restrictions)

    $ go run main.go
    2015/01/14 13:27:59 Get https://robertsspaceindustries.com/: remote
    error: handshake failure
    exit status 1

    Other sites work fine with this code and I can fetch this site using curl,
    wget and node.js without issue.

    Can anyone help me debug this problem?
  • Michael Daffin at Jan 14, 2015 at 7:46 pm

    The server supports up to tls1.2, and shares multiple cipher suites with
    the Go implementation. I can also connect with openssl using one of the
    shared ciphers:

    SSL-Session:
    Protocol : TLSv1.2
    Cipher : AES256-SHA

    Looks like you can connect if you limit the connection to tls1.1 (set
    tls.Config.MaxVersion to tls.VersionTLS11).

    Sorry, I don't have time at the moment to investigate further.

    different error probably due to security restrictions)

    $ go run main.go
    2015/01/14 13:27:59 Get https://robertsspaceindustries.com/: remote
    error: handshake failure
    exit status 1

    Other sites work fine with this code and I can fetch this site using
    curl, wget and node.js without issue.

    Can anyone help me debug this problem?
  • Michael Daffin at Jan 14, 2015 at 7:47 pm
    Thanks that helped. I managed to get it working by using the following:

    tr := &http.Transport{
    TLSClientConfig: &tls.Config{
    MaxVersion: tls.VersionTLS11,
    },
    }
    client := &http.Client{Transport: tr}
[...]

  • Feng Liyuan at Apr 11, 2015 at 4:38 am
    I got another issue with COMODO
    certification(https://catchchat.catchchatchina.com/)

    Head https://catchchat.catchchatchina.com/: x509: certificate signed by
    unknown authority