I'm working on creating a specialized server for some Raspberry Pi
functionality, and I'd like to have it listen for RPC messages on a TCP
socket. I could write it using raw sockets or even ZeroMQ, but I'm
wondering if there's already a higher-level go daemon built for this kind
of thing. Something like Twisted in Python (...I think...I've never
actually used Twisted, but the docs make it sound like it's what I'm
looking for).

In other words, I was hoping someone else already created the skeleton for
an event handling daemon/server in go, and I could take that and plug in
the messages I want to send/receive.

Does any of this make sense?

  • Justin Israel at Dec 25, 2014 at 8:44 pm
    Why not use Thrift or Cap'n Proto? I've been using Thrift on a few projects
    now and I love it.