I'm in early days developing with Go. My setup: I write code on OSX and
keep a development VM in Vagrant. I've always used the shared folders
feature in Vagrant to keep the code synced between host and guest.

The problem comes if I try to compile on either machine: It copies over the
compiled file that is in the shared folder, and the other machine can't
execute that binary because it's a different architecture. Compile in one,
it overwrites the binary in the other.

Any insights on how to handle this? As far as I know NFS doesn't allow for
excluding files -- it syncs everything.

Thanks.

  • Dave Cheney at Dec 17, 2014 at 10:53 pm
    I don't know the specifics of your setup, but if you NFS mount $GOPATH/src, not its parent, then it should work.

  • Andy James at Dec 17, 2014 at 11:27 pm
    What about compiled packages, the ones made from go build ./?