I'm trying to install the basic example in golang.org/x/mobile on my phone.
I'm following the instructions in the README.
Building the docker image, building the app, and uploading the app to the
device all seem to go well. However, when I run the app on my device, it
exits immediately.

output of make.bash: http://pastebin.com/EHL2b1ee
adb log: http://pastebin.com/Dq14uhyF

The message that jumps out at me is this:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Requested window
android.view.ViewRootImpl$W@2ded0abd does not exist

Any hints on what is going wrong?

  • Minux at Dec 12, 2014 at 8:08 am

    I'm trying to install the basic example in golang.org/x/mobile on my
    phone. I'm following the instructions in the README.
    Building the docker image, building the app, and uploading the app to the
    device all seem to go well. However, when I run the app on my device, it
    exits immediately.

    output of make.bash: http://pastebin.com/EHL2b1ee
    adb log: http://pastebin.com/Dq14uhyF

    The message that jumps out at me is this:
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Requested window
    android.view.ViewRootImpl$W@2ded0abd does not exist

    Any hints on what is going wrong?
    Are you using Android 5?

    If yes, you might be hit by a known memory allocation problem.
    See https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/golang-dev/NB6jPV9gddQ for
    details.

  • David Crawshaw at Dec 12, 2014 at 2:18 pm
    Do you know what revision you built the docker image from? (You could
    docker run -it mobile && go version.) See if building a version after
    https://github.com/golang/go/commit/bee8ae11859d6d421027f012c3a7a3fc592f662d
    gives you a better error message.
    I'm trying to install the basic example in golang.org/x/mobile on my
    phone. I'm following the instructions in the README.
    Building the docker image, building the app, and uploading the app to the
    device all seem to go well. However, when I run the app on my device, it
    exits immediately.

    output of make.bash: http://pastebin.com/EHL2b1ee
    adb log: http://pastebin.com/Dq14uhyF

    The message that jumps out at me is this:
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Requested window
    android.view.ViewRootImpl$W@2ded0abd does not exist

    Any hints on what is going wrong?
    Are you using Android 5?

    If yes, you might be hit by a known memory allocation problem.
    See https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/golang-dev/NB6jPV9gddQ for
    details.

  • Jeremy Jackins at Dec 12, 2014 at 4:07 pm
    Yes, I'm on android 5. I'm away from my computer at the moment, but I'll
    double check my go version tomorrow and have a look at that golang-dev
    thread. Thanks.
[...]

  • Huntaub at Dec 14, 2014 at 1:21 am
    I built a docker image today (downloading the most recent Golang version
    from github), and I can confirm that the logcat messages are the same.
    Nothing particularly informative, just the process closing.

    On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 3:07 AM, minux <mi...@golang.org <javascript:>>