Now we're trying to read yaml configuration file in our go program. But
there's no official library to do that.

We have tried go-yaml/yaml but some problems occur. I have no idea about
other open source projects like that.

I think it's a general requirement and it would be great to have the
official parser to use.

BTW, GCE from Google uses yaml heavily. I think the go team can do that for
us, right?

  • Francesc Campoy Flores at Nov 13, 2014 at 7:38 pm
    godoc.org is a very good tool to find Go packages.

    This looks like a good candidate: http://godoc.org/gopkg.in/yaml.v1
    Now we're trying to read yaml configuration file in our go program. But
    there's no official library to do that.

    We have tried go-yaml/yaml but some problems occur. I have no idea about
    other open source projects like that.

    I think it's a general requirement and it would be great to have the
    official parser to use.

    BTW, GCE from Google uses yaml heavily. I think the go team can do that
    for us, right?

    Francesc Campoy
    http://twitter.com/francesc

  • Tobe at Nov 14, 2014 at 1:49 am
    Thanks @campoy. I have check out godoc.org and tried yaml.v1. There're some
    known issues which are not fixed yet. I hope we could have the library like
    `encoding/json` so that all of us can help to make it better but not use
    different libraries.
    godoc.org is a very good tool to find Go packages.

    This looks like a good candidate: http://godoc.org/gopkg.in/yaml.v1
    Now we're trying to read yaml configuration file in our go program. But
    there's no official library to do that.

    We have tried go-yaml/yaml but some problems occur. I have no idea about
    other open source projects like that.

    I think it's a general requirement and it would be great to have the
    official parser to use.

    BTW, GCE from Google uses yaml heavily. I think the go team can do that
    for us, right?

    Francesc Campoy
    http://twitter.com/francesc
  • Ugorji Nwoke at Nov 14, 2014 at 2:56 am
    There is a v2.

    http://blog.labix.org/2014/09/22/announcing-yaml-v2-for-go

    IMHO, This yaml package is as good as you are gonna get it. Most yeah packages do not have anywhere close to the feature story that this has.

  • Benn at Nov 14, 2014 at 2:57 am
    There is a gopkg.in/yaml.v2 package. Being a more recent version may
    provide better support.

    On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 3:38 AM, Francesc Campoy Flores <cam...@golang.org

    On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 1:45 AM, <tobeg...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
    Now we're trying to read yaml configuration file in our go program. But
    there's no official library to do that.

    We have tried go-yaml/yaml but some problems occur. I have no idea about
    other open source projects like that.

    I think it's a general requirement and it would be great to have the
    official parser to use.

    BTW, GCE from Google uses yaml heavily. I think the go team can do that
    for us, right?

    Francesc Campoy
    http://twitter.com/francesc
  • Nate Finch at Nov 14, 2014 at 11:54 am
    I'm not sure why you can't contribute to gopkg.in/yaml.v2? It is
    definitely the most used yaml parser in gopherland. Juju uses it
    extensively. If there are issues you would like to fix with it, I'm sure
    the authors (the main one being Gustavo Niemeyer) would be more than happy
    to have contributions.