I've actually posted this question on stackoverflow, but I still don't have
the answer. I hope its okay that I copy the link to stackoverflow here so
that anyone who may know the answer can help!

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26591903/go-broken-pipe-when-copying-to-unix-domain-socket?noredirect=1#comment41800587_26591903

  • James Bardin at Oct 28, 2014 at 2:07 pm
    There's not enough information there, and you need to address the first
    comment (people have tried to clue you in by voting that up twice).

    You're example doesn't *do* anything, it just dials, calls conn.File()
    (which is an unrelated problem, since that's dups your socket fd, but you
    lose the reference so you can't close it), then closes the connection and
    exits.

    You also mention SSH, but there's no indication of why.