Announcing Crypt[1] - an open source project written by Kelsey Hightower, sponsored by XOR Data Exchange. Crypt uses best practices to store configuration files encrypted in etcd or consul. Crypt provides a command line tool to get and set configuration values, and a Go library to retrieve configurations from within your application.

Crypt is ideal when you need to keep your application configuration parameters in a k/v store for flexibility, but need to ensure that they’re secure. We use Crypt to store configuration values for all the services that run in our Kubernetes/CoreOS cluster.

Contributions, comments and suggestions welcomed. Since crypt is standards-based, client libraries can be written in any language that supports OpenPGP.

Brian

[1] http://xordataexchange.github.io/crypt/ <http://xordataexchange.github.io/crypt/>