After pulling the source code and trying to build the distribution

$ hg clone -u release https://code.google.com/p/go
$ cd $GOPATH/src && ./all.bash

I got
# Building C bootstrap tool.
cmd/dist
ld: can't open output file for writing 'cmd/dist/dist.ld_Jw7EPh', errno=13
for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1

Now there's obviously something going on with the C-thingy. But I'm really
inexperienced in C and would appreciate the help from here. Do. (I just
updated to Xcode 5 so maybe that's where the problem is)

  • Jo Chasinga at Oct 10, 2014 at 7:50 pm
    I just figured it out myself. Using sudo fixed the problem!
    After pulling the source code and trying to build the distribution

    $ hg clone -u release https://code.google.com/p/go
    $ cd $GOPATH/src && ./all.bash

    I got
    # Building C bootstrap tool.
    cmd/dist
    ld: can't open output file for writing 'cmd/dist/dist.ld_Jw7EPh',
    errno=13 for architecture x86_64
    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1

    Now there's obviously something going on with the C-thingy. But I'm really
    inexperienced in C and would appreciate the help from here. Do. (I just
    updated to Xcode 5 so maybe that's where the problem is)
  • Andrey mirtchovski at Oct 10, 2014 at 7:54 pm
    there should not be a need to use sudo if everything is in your home directory.
    I just figured it out myself. Using sudo fixed the problem!

    After pulling the source code and trying to build the distribution

    $ hg clone -u release https://code.google.com/p/go
    $ cd $GOPATH/src && ./all.bash

    I got
    # Building C bootstrap tool.
    cmd/dist
    ld: can't open output file for writing 'cmd/dist/dist.ld_Jw7EPh', errno=13
    for architecture x86_64
    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1

    Now there's obviously something going on with the C-thingy. But I'm really
    inexperienced in C and would appreciate the help from here. Do. (I just
    updated to Xcode 5 so maybe that's where the problem is)
  • Roger Pack at Oct 10, 2014 at 8:07 pm
    Wonder if it's related to something like
      https://github.com/kripken/emscripten/issues/1939
    After pulling the source code and trying to build the distribution

    $ hg clone -u release https://code.google.com/p/go
    $ cd $GOPATH/src && ./all.bash

    I got
    # Building C bootstrap tool.
    cmd/dist
    ld: can't open output file for writing 'cmd/dist/dist.ld_Jw7EPh',
    errno=13 for architecture x86_64
    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1

    Now there's obviously something going on with the C-thingy. But I'm really
    inexperienced in C and would appreciate the help from here. Do. (I just
    updated to Xcode 5 so maybe that's where the problem is)
  • Johntdyer at Oct 11, 2014 at 3:47 am
    I am getting the same exact thing.

    * OSX 10.10
    * Golang 1.3.3 ( http://golang.org/dl/ )

    Wonder if it's related to something like
    https://github.com/kripken/emscripten/issues/1939
    After pulling the source code and trying to build the distribution

    $ hg clone -u release https://code.google.com/p/go
    $ cd $GOPATH/src && ./all.bash

    I got
    # Building C bootstrap tool.
    cmd/dist
    ld: can't open output file for writing 'cmd/dist/dist.ld_Jw7EPh',
    errno=13 for architecture x86_64
    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1

    Now there's obviously something going on with the C-thingy. But I'm
    really inexperienced in C and would appreciate the help from here. Do. (I
    just updated to Xcode 5 so maybe that's where the problem is)
  • Dave Cheney at Oct 12, 2014 at 7:42 am
    Remembering that OS X 10.10 is not yet released, please consider raising a
    bug about this.
    Wonder if it's related to something like
    https://github.com/kripken/emscripten/issues/1939
    After pulling the source code and trying to build the distribution

    $ hg clone -u release https://code.google.com/p/go
    $ cd $GOPATH/src && ./all.bash

    I got
    # Building C bootstrap tool.
    cmd/dist
    ld: can't open output file for writing 'cmd/dist/dist.ld_Jw7EPh',
    errno=13 for architecture x86_64
    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1

    Now there's obviously something going on with the C-thingy. But I'm
    really inexperienced in C and would appreciate the help from here. Do. (I
    just updated to Xcode 5 so maybe that's where the problem is)
  • Andrey mirtchovski at Oct 12, 2014 at 7:17 pm
    can both of you seeing this issue provide a little bit more
    information, including which developer preview you're on and the
    versions of xcode you're using?

    I upgraded to the latest downloadable golden master (about box says
    only "Version 10.10") from the apple site and see the following with
    xcode 6.0.1:

    $ uname -a
    Darwin ... 14.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.0.0: Tue Sep 23 23:01:41
    PDT 2014; root:xnu-2782.1.97~6/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
    $ hg summary
    parent: 20235:f44017549ff9 go1.3.3 release
      go1.3.3
    branch: release-branch.go1.3
    commit: (clean)
    update: (current)
    $ xcodebuild -version
    Xcode 6.0.1
    Build version 6A317
    $ time ./all.bash
    # Building C bootstrap tool.
    cmd/dist

    # Building compilers and Go bootstrap tool for host, darwin/amd64.
    lib9
    libbio
    liblink
    [...]
    ALL TESTS PASSED

    ---
    Installed Go for darwin/amd64 in /Users/aam/go-release
    Installed commands in /Users/aam/go-release/bin
    *** You need to add /Users/aam/go-release/bin to your PATH.

    real 3m17.863s
    user 4m31.574s
    sys 1m10.010s
    $ ~/go-release/bin/go version
    go version go1.3.3 darwin/amd64
    $

    the only error I see is a missing pkg-config in the shootout tests:

    ./timing.sh: line 165: pkg-config: command not found

    I'll try with xcode 6.1 next.

  • Zlcn1994 at Feb 10, 2015 at 4:46 am
    try use sudo build

    在 2014年10月11日星期六 UTC+8上午3:41:17,Jo Chasinga写道:
    After pulling the source code and trying to build the distribution

    $ hg clone -u release https://code.google.com/p/go
    $ cd $GOPATH/src && ./all.bash

    I got
    # Building C bootstrap tool.
    cmd/dist
    ld: can't open output file for writing 'cmd/dist/dist.ld_Jw7EPh',
    errno=13 for architecture x86_64
    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1

    Now there's obviously something going on with the C-thingy. But I'm really
    inexperienced in C and would appreciate the help from here. Do. (I just
    updated to Xcode 5 so maybe that's where the problem is)
  • Anurag Exousia at Mar 1, 2016 at 1:08 pm