I'm thinking about writing an alternative frontend for the Go Playground,
is okay to use the http://play.golang.org/compile and /share endpoints?

  • Benjamin Measures at Sep 22, 2014 at 4:01 pm

    On Monday, 22 September 2014 10:28:06 UTC+1, jpil...@gmail.com wrote:
    I'm thinking about writing an alternative frontend for the Go Playground,
    is okay to use the http://play.golang.org/compile and /share endpoints?

    <http://blog.golang.org/playground#TOC_7.>:
    Other clients
    The playground service is used by more than just the official Go project
    (Go by Example is one other instance) and we are happy for you to use it on
    your own site. All we ask is that you contact us first
    <golang-dev@googlegroups.com>, use a unique user agent in your requests
    (so we can identify you), and that your service is of benefit to the Go
    community.

  • Ian Lance Taylor at Sep 22, 2014 at 4:17 pm

    I'm thinking about writing an alternative frontend for the Go Playground, is
    okay to use the http://play.golang.org/compile and /share endpoints?
    What kind of load do you expect to generate? How many queries per
    second?

    Ian

  • Jpillora at Sep 26, 2014 at 12:06 am
    It's up http://go-sandbox.jpillora.com/ and I've just posted a new topic
    here and to reddit. I've put Google Analytics on the page so can post usage
    numbers when I get them.

    Jaime