Phylofriend's main purpose is to calculate genetic distances using Y-STR
(Short Tandem Repeats) values from the human Y chromosome. It makes it easy
to extract data from Family Tree DNA projects and create phylogenetic trees
showing the genetic relationships between people. It is a useful tool for
anybody who is interested in genetic genealogy or anthropological research.

Phylofriend is located at https://code.google.com/p/phylofriend/.

Dirk

  • Mohsinssa609 at Feb 4, 2016 at 4:11 pm
    Dear Dirk
    I am very interested to use this software for building phylogentic tree
    from data extracted from FTDNA and to show the scales in years/generation.
    I highly appreciate your help if you can send me the procedures to follow.
    Mohsin
    mohsin@abc.ae