Hi all,

   After being in the works for a good while, I'm happy to announce the next
release of my Iris cloud messaging framework. Beside various stability
fixes, it includes a polished and stabilized Go client API too (v1!) :D

   You can find the official release announcement on the Iris website
<http://iris.karalabe.com/archive/2014/version_v0_3_0_shiny_stable_apis> and
the pre-compiled binaries and language bindings at the downloads section
<http://iris.karalabe.com/downloads>.

   But if you're like me and want to dive straight into the fun part, head
over to the Go playground
<http://play.iris.karalabe.com/talks/binds/go.v1.slide> for a short and
sweet introduction into both Iris as well as all the Go client libraries
(as always, all code snippets are executable).

   Have fun and send those feedbacks!

Cheers,
   Peter

PS: The pre-built binaries were compiled with xgo
<https://github.com/karalabe/xgo> (CGO enabled Go cross compiler). Although
they all seem to be functioning correctly, if you notice quirks in the
binaries that disappear if compiled directly from source, please file an
issue.

PPS: As of the current release, my focus will shift back to finalizing my
dissertation and inherently, my PhD. Since I can no longer rely on
university support for Iris, I am actively looking for an official backer
who would be interested in taking Iris to the next level and turning it
into an industrial strength project. If you are interested, or know of such
a person, please contact me.

  • Péter Szilágyi at Aug 12, 2014 at 8:32 am
    Oh yeah :D Iris reached <https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=8164534> the
    Hacker News front page :D (though just bubbled down to the top of the
    second page). Proud to have done it in Go :o)