Hey there!

Just wondering if there any tools that can do more static analysis for the
code, like Copy/Paste detection and dead code detection. Maybe there is
something else, that can produce 'fancy numbers to make fancy diagrams for
fancy managers' :) ? Numbers like 'number of type's methods, exported
methods, maximum depth of inheritance hierarchy' and so on.

I suppose, there is no such big go-based projects yet that require these
metrics, but, I think, it's just a matter of time.

Cheers!

  • Saul Hazledine at Aug 5, 2014 at 5:39 am
    Hello,
    Just wondering if there any tools that can do more static analysis for the
    code, like Copy/Paste detection and dead code detection. Maybe there is
    something else, that can produce 'fancy numbers to make fancy diagrams for
    fancy managers' :) ? Numbers like 'number of type's methods, exported
    methods, maximum depth of inheritance hierarchy' and so on.
    Its probably worth mentioning go tool cover and go test -cover :

    http://blog.golang.org/cover

    Saul