I was wondering if anyone has used the Go OpenGL
<https://github.com/chsc/gogl> and GLFW <https://github.com/go-gl/glfw3>3
libraries on Virtualbox? I've an Arch Linux client running on a Windows
host, and when I try running a test OpenGL/GLFW3 program on it the program
fails with:

fatal error: unexpected signal during runtime execution
[signal 0xb code=0x1 addr=0x0 pc=0x0]

runtime stack:
runtime: unexpected return pc for runtime.asmcgocall called from 0x0
runtime.throw(0x7c7165)
     /usr/lib/go/src/pkg/runtime/panic.c:520 +0x69
runtime.sigpanic()
     /usr/lib/go/src/pkg/runtime/os_linux.c:222 +0x3d
runtime: unexpected return pc for runtime.asmcgocall called from 0x0
runtime.asmcgocall(0x0, 0x0)
     /usr/lib/go/src/pkg/runtime/asm_amd64.s:709 +0x61

There are also a series of other warnings emitted relating to the general
weirdness of the Virtualbox linux client graphics drivers, but these
warnings are also emitted when I run the same program in C or Java yet they
don't crash when running it.

Should this be considered a bug, or more a case of Go interpreting as fatal
what other languages treat as a warning?

  • Jsor at Jul 19, 2014 at 3:23 am
    What code are you running exactly? Every time I've tried OpenGL on a
    virtual machine, even in C, it crashes. Usually something like "unable to
    acquire display 0:0".
[...]

  • Jonathan T Barnard at Jul 19, 2014 at 3:36 am
    The code is from a small benchmark I never got around to publishing:
    https://github.com/logicchains/ParticleBench. I was using it to test
    whether OpenGL works on my Virtualbox install; so far I've only tested the
    Go, C and Java implementations, but the latter two work fine.
[...]

  • Jonathan T Barnard at Jul 21, 2014 at 1:08 pm
    Thanks, I'll ask at that user list. It's not really a big problem for me,
    as I've no urgent need to run any Opengl Go code in Virtualbox, I just
    thought it might be useful to report in case its a bug or in case any other
    users experience the same thing.

    (Attached message content that should be here but wasn't due to accidental
    'reply' instead of 'reply all', in case the information is of use)