*I run my program and then it panics:*
SIGILL: illegal instruction
PC=0x81a1c4f

I built the go program on one machine then copied it to another and run it.
It seems that go build issued an instruction the cpu does not support.
Is there anyway to compile go program that could be running on this cpu?

*my compile machine info:*
# cat /etc/issue
CentOS release 6.4 (Final)
Kernel \r on an \m

#cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 42
model name : Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz
stepping : 7
cpu MHz : 3093.093
cache size : 3072 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 4
core id : 0
cpu cores : 2
apicid : 0
initial apicid : 0
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 13
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat
pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx rdtscp lm
constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good xtopology nonstop_tsc
aperfmperf pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr
pdcm pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt tsc_deadline_timer xsave avx lahf_lm arat
epb xsaveopt pln pts dts tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid
bogomips : 6186.18
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management:

*the program runs on another machine (os and cpu info as follow):*
# cat /etc/issue
Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz)
Kernel \r on an \m

# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : CentaurHauls
cpu family : 6
model : 9
model name : VIA Nehemiah
stepping : 8
cpu MHz : 1002.481
cache size : 64 KB
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 1
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr cx8 mtrr pge cmov pat mmx fxsr sse rng
rng_en ace ace_en
bogomips : 1982.46

  • Dave Cheney at Jul 17, 2014 at 7:42 am
    Your first machine could be 64bit, your second machine will be a 32 bit
    machine, so that is the first problem.

    Can you post the output of

        go version

    from the machine doing the build.

[...]

  • Nick Craig-Wood at Jul 17, 2014 at 9:52 am

    */I run my program and then it panics:/*
    SIGILL: illegal instruction
    PC=0x81a1c4f

    I built the go program on one machine then copied it to another and run it.
    It seems that go build issued an instruction the cpu does not support.
    Is there anyway to compile go program that could be running on this cpu? [snip]
    */the program runs on another machine (os and cpu info as follow):/*
    # cat /etc/issue
    Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz)
    Kernel \r on an \m
    [snip]

    According to http://golang.org/doc/install the mininum suported version
    of the linux kernel is 2.6.23

    However you seem to be trying to run go programs on Fedora core 4 which
    according to wikipedia had a kernel version of 2.6.11

    I suspect that is the problem...

    --
    Nick Craig-Wood <nick@craig-wood.com> -- http://www.craig-wood.com/nick

  • Dave Cheney at Jul 17, 2014 at 9:55 am
    Oh boy. I totally missed that. Yes, that will be the problem. I've written
    about Go and RHEL5 before, Fedora 4 is roughly the same case.
    http://dave.cheney.net/2013/06/18/how-to-install-go-1-1-on-centos-5