Hello Gophers,

I want to save my data in json. However, I use rune indexed maps.
As the json package documentation, it is unsupported. So, I tried
to workaround it by writing a custom marshaler and my test code
is at: http://play.golang.org/p/6gSViv5pDb

It still gets the unsupported type error. So I realize that the json
package checks the type validity before verifying if the type has
sastified the marshaler interface. So, if I did no mistakes with my
test code, I conclude that it is impossible to use the json package
to marshal/unmarshal unsupported types. Then, I ask: is there any
chance to change this? I mean: move the supported/unsupported
type checking to be executed after trying to marshal/unmarshal
using custom code?

Sorry for the poor english and to possible coding errors.

Thank you in advance,

--
Luis Otavio de Colla Furquim

  • Jan Mercl at Jul 17, 2014 at 4:23 pm
    eg. http://play.golang.org/p/Tp2L6oM79r

    (phone)

    -j

  • Luis Furquim at Jul 17, 2014 at 4:33 pm
    Thank you very much Jan!

    Best Regards!