In my cause, my image format is PNG and size around 170MB. For now I just
use `image.Decode` for the full image, but it takes huge huge huge memory
on my Mac. So, is there any way in Go to deal the image part by part? Then
reduce the memory usage.

Thanks!

  • Justin Israel at Jul 5, 2014 at 6:19 am
    I'll leave it to others to respond with references to the stdlib and/or
    other external libs, but I thought I might mention my library since it
    could potentially be relevant. I've been working on bindings for
    OpenImageIO, which includes an ImageCache that handles transparently
    given time, and serving scanlines/tiles on demand.

    I can't say I am any kind of authority on OpenImageIO yet, as my primary
    purpose for creating the bindings was to have support for common file
    formats to Visual Effects like EXR, as well as integrated support with
    OpenColorIO for studio color pipelines. But the oiio library does offer
    quite a lot of support for efficient reading/writing in terms of
    scanline/tile/subimage of large/many images.

    OpenImageIO: https://github.com/OpenImageIO/oiio

    Document ref (and possibly section "7 Cached Images" to be specific):
    https://github.com/OpenImageIO/oiio/blob/master/src/doc/openimageio.pdf?raw=true

    OpenImageIGO bindings:
    http://godoc.org/github.com/justinfx/openimageigo

    Still working on completing them, but I have a good majority of it done so
    far.

    -- justin