I've been working on a bbpackage for BBEdit for developing Go code. It uses
regular expression matching for the func definitions so things that are
broken in the official BBEdit plist like the function drop down now work.
The code folding unfortunately does not work with the braces when using
function regular expressions (talking to Bare Bones about that - put in a
suggestion to them to allow both). I've also added lots of Clippings.

Would love to get feedback and improvements from any other BBEdit users as
well as any tweaks to the language syntax definition.

Here is the repo:

https://github.com/ascarter/go.bbpackage

Installing is easy - either clone directly to ~/Library/Application
Support/BBEdit/Packages/Go.bbpackage or just double click on the package
after you clone it and it will get installed.

Andrew

  • Jim at Jul 4, 2014 at 1:59 pm
    Will this work with TextWrangler?
    I've been working on a bbpackage for BBEdit for developing Go code. It
    uses regular expression matching for the func definitions so things that
    are broken in the official BBEdit plist like the function drop down now
    work. The code folding unfortunately does not work with the braces when
    using function regular expressions (talking to Bare Bones about that - put
    in a suggestion to them to allow both). I've also added lots of Clippings.

    Would love to get feedback and improvements from any other BBEdit users as
    well as any tweaks to the language syntax definition.

    Here is the repo:

    https://github.com/ascarter/go.bbpackage

    Installing is easy - either clone directly to ~/Library/Application
    Support/BBEdit/Packages/Go.bbpackage or just double click on the package
    after you clone it and it will get installed.

    Andrew
  • Andrew Carter at Jul 4, 2014 at 2:01 pm
    Yes - I believe BBEdit packages work fine with TextWrangler.
    I've been working on a bbpackage for BBEdit for developing Go code. It
    uses regular expression matching for the func definitions so things that
    are broken in the official BBEdit plist like the function drop down now
    work. The code folding unfortunately does not work with the braces when
    using function regular expressions (talking to Bare Bones about that - put
    in a suggestion to them to allow both). I've also added lots of Clippings.

    Would love to get feedback and improvements from any other BBEdit users
    as well as any tweaks to the language syntax definition.

    Here is the repo:

    https://github.com/ascarter/go.bbpackage

    Installing is easy - either clone directly to ~/Library/Application
    Support/BBEdit/Packages/Go.bbpackage or just double click on the package
    after you clone it and it will get installed.

    Andrew
  • Ajstarks at Jul 5, 2014 at 7:41 am
    I confirm that it works with TextWrangler, including the improved function
    parsing. (see attached screen shot)