For me the beautiful of Go is that is very simple to write a web
application, you can use the builtin packages and/or write your own web
framework, in your way.

I wrote Gowf (https://github.com/guilhermebr/gowf) that is basic version of
Beego, with the minimum needed, for learning purpose.
If you love make all by yourself, take a look and write your own web
framework =]

[]s

  • Shawn Milochik at Jun 26, 2014 at 4:04 pm
    I've been primarily a Web developer for the past 15+ years. I started off
    doing everything "by hand" (no frameworks). Then frameworks (mostly
    Django). Now I'm doing my first non-trivial Web app in Go and it's really
    nice to work with. I love that everything I need is in the standard
    library.

    After becoming disillusioned with Django and moving primarily to Flask, I
    really appreciate the lack of abstraction in writing a Web app in Go.

  • Rogerjd at Jun 26, 2014 at 6:42 pm
    Go and App Engine are very nice to work with, thank you Google!

    But, what about programming the browser?
    Use jQuery, JavaScript, Dart, other?
    Which would you use?
    Roger
    I've been primarily a Web developer for the past 15+ years. I started off
    doing everything "by hand" (no frameworks). Then frameworks (mostly
    Django). Now I'm doing my first non-trivial Web app in Go and it's really
    nice to work with. I love that everything I need is in the standard
    library.

    After becoming disillusioned with Django and moving primarily to Flask, I
    really appreciate the lack of abstraction in writing a Web app in Go.

  • Akwillis at Dec 29, 2014 at 11:06 pm
    html, css, angularjs work well.
    Go and App Engine are very nice to work with, thank you Google!

    But, what about programming the browser?
    Use jQuery, JavaScript, Dart, other?
    Which would you use?
    Roger
    I've been primarily a Web developer for the past 15+ years. I started off
    doing everything "by hand" (no frameworks). Then frameworks (mostly
    Django). Now I'm doing my first non-trivial Web app in Go and it's really
    nice to work with. I love that everything I need is in the standard
    library.

    After becoming disillusioned with Django and moving primarily to Flask, I
    really appreciate the lack of abstraction in writing a Web app in Go.

  • Hamza20461 at Dec 29, 2014 at 11:01 am
    One of the best company serve our services in graphic designing
    <http://digital.appimize.com/>, web designing <http://digital.appimize.com/>
    , web development <http://digital.appimize.com/>, android apps development
    <http://digital.appimize.com/>, mobile apps development
    <http://www.appimizestudios.com/>, digital media agency
    <http://www.appimizestudios.com/>, seo <http://www.appimizestudios.com/>,
    smo <http://www.appimizestudios.com/>, etc.

    Visit their website below.
    http://digital.appimize.com/http://www.appimizestudios.com/

  • Newmin Net at Dec 30, 2014 at 5:18 am
    it's other way of use buitin net/http write golang web application.
    it is very interesting,this is one of my practice project

    http://github.com/newmin/go2o

    在 2014年6月26日星期四UTC+8下午4时46分52秒,dmp...@gmail.com写道:
    Hello!

    Just would like to ask questions to experienced gophers. How good is
    choice of Go programming language when I want to build a web application.
    Let's say, application will require such programming language's /
    framework's features like: form submissions, form validations, file
    uploading, working with images (resizing, for example, for creating user
    avatars), templating.

    I read a bit and found out that Go has such beautiful thing as gorilla
    toolkit.
    As alternatives, found some frameworks:
    1. Revel
    2. Beego
    3. Martini
    4. Traffic

    So. In general, I have few questions:
    1. How easy will be to build in Go such a web app, which will implement
    features listed above?
    2. What are the differences of programming web app on Go from programming
    on PHP / Java (Codeigniter, Yii / Spring)?
    3. How fast will be web development on Go comparing to other programming
    languages?
    4. How do you think, is it a good idea to pick Golang for web development
    or it has another aims?