Hi

I am getting the below error when a file(fallback.json) download is tried.

Get https://10.200.203.254:5571/actions/fallback.json: read tcp
10.200.203.254:5571: connection reset by peer.

I am doing https communication:
var tr = &http.Transport{
         TLSClientConfig: &tls.Config{InsecureSkipVerify: true},
}

var client = &http.Client{Transport: tr}
client.Get(src_url)

and on Server side, it is like:

s.Router().PathPrefix("/").Handler(http.FileServer(http.Dir("./static/")))\

where mux router is being used

Can anyone give pointers to when can 'connection reset by peer' error can
occur?

  • Ian Lance Taylor at May 12, 2014 at 3:54 pm

    I am getting the below error when a file(fallback.json) download is tried.

    Get https://10.200.203.254:5571/actions/fallback.json: read tcp
    10.200.203.254:5571: connection reset by peer.
    Can anyone give pointers to when can 'connection reset by peer' error can
    occur?
    This is the system error ECONNRESET. This typically means that the
    other side of the connection called close or shutdown.

    Ian

  • Naveen Shivegowda at May 13, 2014 at 10:43 am
    Will retry of the same post request succeed once i detect 'connection reset
    by peer' error

    I am getting the below error when a file(fallback.json) download is tried.
    Get https://10.200.203.254:5571/actions/fallback.json: read tcp
    10.200.203.254:5571: connection reset by peer.
    Can anyone give pointers to when can 'connection reset by peer' error can
    occur?
    This is the system error ECONNRESET. This typically means that the
    other side of the connection called close or shutdown.

    Ian
  • Jon at May 14, 2014 at 4:17 am

    Will retry of the same post request succeed once i detect 'connection
    reset by peer' error
    Can't know until you try.

    --
    DISCLAIMER:

    This is not an investment recommendation or a solicitation to become an
    investor of the firm. Unless indicated, these views are the author's and
    may differ from those of the firm or others in the firm. We do not
    represent this is accurate or complete and we may not update this. Past
    performance is not indicative of future returns. For additional information
    and important disclosures, contact me at this email address. You should not
    use email to request or authorize the investment in any security or
    instrument, or to effect any other transactions. We cannot guarantee that
    any such requests received via email will be processed in a timely manner.
    This communication is solely for the addressee(s) and may contain
    confidential information. We do not waive confidentiality by
    mistransmission. Contact me if you do not wish to receive these
    communications.