I'm running

go get code.google.com/p/go.talks/present

to grab the present tool but get

present/local.go:49: undefined: socket.RunScripts
present/local.go:49: cannot assign to socket.RunScripts

Any idea how to resolve?

rottmann.net | Google+ <https://plus.google.com/106658337982640166595> |
Twitter <http://twitter.com/ralf> | Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/ralfrottmann>|
LinkedIn <http://de.linkedin.com/in/rottmann>

  • Ralf Rottmann at Apr 27, 2014 at 1:19 pm
    Okay, I grabbed present from its new location now via:

    go get code.google.com/p/go.tools/present<http://code.google.com/p/go.talks/present>

    I cd'ed into the present directory and ran

    go build

    there was no output at all, which usually means, everything went fine.
    However, I cannot find the present binary anywhere. Any idea?

    --
    rottmann.net | Google+ <https://plus.google.com/106658337982640166595> |
    Twitter <http://twitter.com/ralf> | Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/ralfrottmann>|
    LinkedIn <http://de.linkedin.com/in/rottmann>
    rottmann.net | Google+ <https://plus.google.com/106658337982640166595> |
    Twitter <http://twitter.com/ralf> | Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/ralfrottmann>|
    LinkedIn <http://de.linkedin.com/in/rottmann>

  • "'Andrew Gerrand at Apr 27, 2014 at 8:08 pm
    Did you resolve this? I presume the issue was having an older go.tools repo
    installed, which go.talks/present depends on.

    Adding -u to your "go get" should fix this.
    go get code.google.com/p/go.talks/present

    to grab the present tool but get

    present/local.go:49: undefined: socket.RunScripts
    present/local.go:49: cannot assign to socket.RunScripts

    Any idea how to resolve?

    --
    rottmann.net | Google+ <https://plus.google.com/106658337982640166595> |
    Twitter <http://twitter.com/ralf> | Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/ralfrottmann>|
    LinkedIn <http://de.linkedin.com/in/rottmann>

  • Ralf Rottmann at Apr 27, 2014 at 8:15 pm
    That was exactly the problem and it now works like a charm locally and on App Engine. Thanks for following up. I'm still not 100% sure about the different between go.tools present and go.talks present. Seems as if one is a stand alone tool and the other is a package used for App Engine. Are both versions maintained?
    rottmann.net | Google+ <https://plus.google.com/106658337982640166595> |
    Twitter <http://twitter.com/ralf> | Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/ralfrottmann>|
    LinkedIn <http://de.linkedin.com/in/rottmann>

  • Minux at Apr 27, 2014 at 8:18 pm

    That was exactly the problem and it now works like a charm locally and on
    App Engine. Thanks for following up. I'm still not 100% sure about the
    different between go.tools present and go.talks present. Seems as if one is
    a stand alone tool and the other is a package used for App Engine. Are both
    versions maintained?
    go.talks/present is the command, and it uses the present package in
    go.tools/present to do its job.
    yeah, i agree this is very confusing.
    perhaps we should move go.talks/present to go.tools/cmd/present.

  • Ralf Rottmann at Apr 27, 2014 at 8:24 pm
    That part confused the hell out of me... I was wondering half of the day why the command didn't get installed to $GOPATH/bin :-) I think moving these would make sense. Or adding a brief note to the Wiki perhaps.
    rottmann.net | Google+ <https://plus.google.com/106658337982640166595> |
    Twitter <http://twitter.com/ralf> | Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/ralfrottmann>|
    LinkedIn <http://de.linkedin.com/in/rottmann>

  • Minux at Apr 27, 2014 at 8:33 pm