I have a problem to install the package code.google.com/p/go.text.

See http://godoc.org/code.google.com/p/go.text
     https://code.google.com/p/go/source/browse/?repo=text

When I do:
    go get code.google.com/p/go.text

The package is downloaded but not installed (there are no .a files in
/home/nico/z_go/pkg/linux_amd64/code.google.com/p/go.text)

When I then do:
    go get -u code.google.com/p/go.text

it displays:
    package code.google.com/p/go.text
     imports code.google.com/p/go.text
     imports code.google.com/p/go.text: no buildable Go source files in
/home/nico/z_go/src/code.google.com/p/go.text

When I do:
     go install code.google.com/p/go.text

it displays:
     can't load package: package code.google.com/p/go.text: no buildable Go
source files in /home/nico/z_go/src/code.google.com/p/go.text

The code.google.com/p/go.text package is in fact a collection of packages
(code.google.com/p/go.text/collate, code.google.com/p/go.text/language,
etc).
The go tools seem to complain that there is no .go file to compile in
code.google.com/p/go.text directory.

So, I must do:
    go install code.google.com/p/go.text/...

and all the .a files (cldr.a, collate.a, etc) are created and installed as
expected under /home/nico/z_go/pkg/linux_amd64/code.google.com/p/go.text/.

Have I missed something or should I raise an issue ?

  • Matthew Kane at Apr 26, 2014 at 6:26 pm
    You did the right thing. You can start with go get repo/... to install
    every package within it.
[...]

    matt kane
    twitter: the_real_mkb / nynexrepublic
    http://hydrogenproject.com

  • Minux at Apr 26, 2014 at 8:08 pm

[...]

    go get is for package(s) not for repositories.

    so if you want a specific package, say, go.text/encoding, then use
    go get code.google.com/p/go.text/encoding

    if you want all packages in that repository, use ... to signify that:
    go get code.google.com/p/go.text/...