Hi Go nuts,

We have just released go1.3beta1, a beta version of Go 1.3.
It is cut from the default branch at revision f8b50ad4cac4.

Please help us by testing your Go programs with the new tool chain and
libraries, and report any problems using the issue tracker:
     http://golang.org/issue/new

You can download binary and source distributions from this page:
     https://code.google.com/p/go/wiki/Downloads
Note this is different to the usual location.

To find out what has changed, read the release notes for Go 1.3:
     http://tip.golang.org/doc/go1.3

Documentation for Go 1.3 is available at:
     http://tip.golang.org/

Our goal is to release the official version of Go 1.3 on June 1, 2014.

Andrew

  • Fredtotham at Apr 23, 2014 at 1:02 am
    Type system needs an overhaul. Until then golang is just another toy
    language.

  • Karan Misra at Apr 23, 2014 at 1:24 am
    Cool.