Hello

I installed go 1.1 using the downloaded package from the golang site.

If I now install go 1.2.1 using homebrew, what exactly will happen? Will I
have both installed or will homebrew magically just make things work?

  • Andrew Gerrand at Apr 7, 2014 at 7:54 am
    You should probably remove 1.1 from /usr/local/go before (or after)
    installing with homebrew.
    I believe homebrew installs Go somewhere else. You don't want two versions
    in your PATH. That'll lead to confusion at some point.

    The (short) docs for uninstallation of the standard packages are here:
    http://golang.org/doc/install#uninstall

    Andrew