I know 7.4 is EOL, but the install docs still say "FreeBSD 7" is supported
(http://golang.org/doc/install), so I'm bringing it up.

While compiling with "all.bash", I get a segmentation fault:

cmd/go
./make.bash: line 151: 95995 Segmentation fault: 11 (core dumped)
"$GOTOOLDIR"/go_bootstrap clean -i std

$ file go_bootstrap.core
go_bootstrap.core: ELF 64-bit LSB core file x86-64, version 1 (FreeBSD),
FreeBSD-style, from 'go_bootstra'

I'm having the same problem on release, default and go1.2.

go1.1 does build, however.

If I build a go program on a FreeBSD 10 machine and copy it to FreeBSD 7,
it just exits silently (it doesn't claim to crash; just nothing seems to
happen).

-Rob

  • Mikio Hara at Mar 29, 2014 at 1:38 am
    It's unfortunate, but: https://code.google.com/p/go/issues/detail?id=7188