Hi!:

1) Concurrency with Buffered Channels:
http://play.golang.org/p/8TkZ6nsTHD

2) No concurrency with Buffered Channels
http://play.golang.org/p/ftuxvuN-Tv

If the details are not delve, the code performs the same.

How to see that concurrency with buffered channels work? Consideration
should be given details of concurrency with Buffered Channels!

  • ROuNIN at Mar 26, 2014 at 9:09 am
    Hello!
    To quote the Rob Pike - "buffering removes synchronization" :

    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/golang-nuts/buffered$20channels|sort:relevance|spell:true/golang-nuts/FVZ0IamuzAE/dDbXAkS7J-YJ

    ---
    The right way to think of it is that unbuffered channels synchronize
    the two sides. Buffered channels do not. That's why I meant by
    "buffering removes synchronization".

    If the code depends on that synchronization, buffering the channels
    will break the code. If it does not, buffering enables parallelism
    (it's already concurrent by some definitions) if there are multiple
    CPUs.
    ---

    His talk Go Concurrency Patterns

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6kdp27TYZs

    ROuNIN

  • Игорь Авдошкин at Mar 26, 2014 at 9:41 am
    Thank you! It takes time to comprehend and understand how it works. I will
    read and watch videos.

    To quote the Rob Pike - "buffering removes synchronization" :

    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/golang-nuts/buffered$20channels|sort:relevance|spell:true/golang-nuts/FVZ0IamuzAE/dDbXAkS7J-YJ

    ---
    The right way to think of it is that unbuffered channels synchronize
    the two sides. Buffered channels do not. That's why I meant by
    "buffering removes synchronization".

    If the code depends on that synchronization, buffering the channels
    will break the code. If it does not, buffering enables parallelism
    (it's already concurrent by some definitions) if there are multiple
    CPUs.
    ---

    His talk Go Concurrency Patterns

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6kdp27TYZs

    ROuNIN
  • Bgarcia at Mar 26, 2014 at 9:12 am
    I'm not sure what you're asking for.
    Perhaps these references will be useful:
    Go Concurrency Patterns: Timing out, moving on<http://blog.golang.org/go-concurrency-patterns-timing-out-and>
    Go Concurrency Patterns: Pipelines and cancellation<http://blog.golang.org/pipelines>