In time for Go 1.3, go.crypto has a much improved ssh package thanks
to Han-Wen, JP and others.

There are substantial API changes in the new code[1] and so, for those
who don't wish to update their own code, the current go.crypto/ssh
package has been forked to code.google.com/p/gosshold/ssh. It's ready
now so you can change your import paths today and not have to worry
about this again.

Otherwise, I plan on replacing the old go.crypto/ssh package with
gosshnew on April 9th. If you plan on updating to the improved
package, then you can switch import paths to
code.google.com/p/gosshnew/ssh today, which will make the eventual
transition a simple change once that code moves to go.crypto/ssh. Hanwen
has written a guide for updating[2].

I don't plan on working on gosshold. If anyone wishes to take up
maintainership, please let me know.

[1] http://godoc.org/code.google.com/p/gosshnew/ssh
[2] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nF2wlkIwuA4AXryOvE2p0hgQUbsyRYklKSot4ahH3Aw/edit?usp=sharing

Cheers

AGL

  • Gustavo Niemeyer at Mar 25, 2014 at 10:46 pm
    It's interesting that this sort of issue is happening with these
    packages as well. Ideally rather than people having to change their
    own import paths for their code to continue working as it is today,
    the import path would change for the new code. In gopkg.in language,
    we'd have gopkg.in/golang/v1/ssh and gopkg.in/golang/v2/ssh.
[...]

    gustavo @ http://niemeyer.net

  • Agl at Apr 9, 2014 at 9:09 pm

    Otherwise, I plan on replacing the old go.crypto/ssh package with
    gosshnew on April 9th.
    This has been done in
      https://code.google.com/p/go/source/detail?r=c0fc595a2cb57926e9b3bbb773c681b41bb978a5&repo=crypto

    Cheers

    AGL

  • Oleku Konko at Apr 10, 2014 at 7:38 pm
    Well done ...