Hello all,

Just working through some ideas about capabilities I'd like to have in the
go.crypto SSH repository, specifically some level of support for directives
in SSH client configuration files. The rationale for this is to make it
easy to add some level of drop-in OpenSSH compatibility to programs written
in Go, using only the go.crypto/ssh code. I searched through the issue list
on code.google.com/p/go.crypto and couldn't find one for this so I will
create one (and please point me to one if I missed it), but I wanted to
follow the guidelines for contribution so this is my initial email.

The top priority directivies for myself are: ProxyCommand capability, Host,
HostName, Port, User, IdentitiesOnly, IdentitiyFile, and
PreferredAuthentications. One thing to note is that I have no desire to add
any actual crypto code at this time. If a directive requires some new
crypto code to implement, I may post an issue, but I will not try to
implement that directive. If you're interested, I'm attaching a short
document listing the directives I plan to implement with a few notes (and a
two-phase "plan") I made while scanning over the man page. Looking at this
file, this seems like a huge undertaking, but obviously still in the
planning stage and it would be nice to get some feedback as to what
is/isn't desired by others.

If it is more desirable for me to put this in a separate repository, I can
go that route too.

Regards,

Zack

  • Dobrosław Żybort at Mar 13, 2014 at 8:08 am
    You should also check http://code.google.com/p/gosshnew/ that will replace
    actual go.crypto/ssh at some point.

    W dniu środa, 12 marca 2014 21:29:17 UTC+1 użytkownik Zack Breckenridge