I'm searching for an ORM that make Relations, callbacks, Migrations,
Scopes, Validation effort-less and use conventions like Rails ActiveRecord.
I find gorp, hood, qbs, jet, beedb, gosexy, gorm on Revel official site but
because of complexity of an e-commerce database, I need to decide which ORM
will work best for me. Please help me to choose best one.

  • Nate Finch at Mar 8, 2014 at 8:37 pm
    I find sqlx (https://github.com/jmoiron/sqlx) to be a really great way to
    get stuff into and out of a database. I actually don't really like ORMs,
    since they tend to make the easy stuff easier and the hard stuff harder.
      The more complex your database, the less likely it is that ORMs will work
    for you, in my experience. I think you tend to spend as much time learning
    and fighting with the ORM as you would just writing some queries by hand.
    I'm searching for an ORM that make Relations, callbacks, Migrations,
    Scopes, Validation effort-less and use conventions like Rails ActiveRecord.
    I find gorp, hood, qbs, jet, beedb, gosexy, gorm on Revel official site
    but because of complexity of an e-commerce database, I need to decide which
    ORM will work best for me. Please help me to choose best one.
  • Andrew Gallant at Mar 9, 2014 at 1:28 am
    For database migrations, you may
    find https://github.com/BurntSushi/migration useful. It will only work
    properly with databases that have full transaction support for schema
    changes (e.g., Postgres and SQLite but not MySQL).
    I'm searching for an ORM that make Relations, callbacks, Migrations,
    Scopes, Validation effort-less and use conventions like Rails ActiveRecord.
    I find gorp, hood, qbs, jet, beedb, gosexy, gorm on Revel official site
    but because of complexity of an e-commerce database, I need to decide which
    ORM will work best for me. Please help me to choose best one.
  • Philippe Lafoucrière at Mar 11, 2014 at 3:43 pm