Hi

I'm not sure if it's the right place to ask about go.net library.

I currently play with websocketd and contribute to that project some time.
It got me going to look inside of websocket lib.

The concerning part is that I cannot find any easy way to send websocket
protocol frames into connection, all types and structure fields I see doing
so are private.

Is anyone can think of reasons of that? Or maybe I'm looking in the wrong
place?

Desired functionality so far:
   * websocket.Handler should be able to send Ping frame to client
   * websocket.Handler should be able to close connection with non-default
status

Maybe others can think of more changes.

I certainly can look into doing patch myself, just wonder if there is good
pointer on contributing.

--
Alex.

  • Gary b at Mar 5, 2014 at 5:38 am
    The Contribution Guidelines document (http://golang.org/doc/contribute.html)
    describes how to contribute to the Go project.

    You should take a look at the Gorilla WebSocket package (https://github.com/gorilla/websocket).
    This package supports ping and close with non-default status.