From what I saw, the plan is to use Go for the Go compiler instead of C in
the 1.3 release.

Does this open the possibility for a Go debugger instead of GDB?

  • Aram Hăvărneanu at Feb 22, 2014 at 11:44 am
    The language the compiler is written in has no effect on what debugger
    you can use to debug produced binaries.

    --
    Aram Hăvărneanu

  • James Foster at Feb 22, 2014 at 11:56 am
    That makes sense. I was curious on whether there are plans for a Go package
    (maybe related to the object format) that would enable creating a Go
    debugger.

    Looking forward for an answer from someone in the Go team.