Hello ! I'm new with go and I'm working on a golang server that will use a
websocket to connect to an html5/js client.
the problem here with is with the importation of external packages like
websocket.
i tried to execute the cmd "go get code.google.com/p/go.net/websocket" but
it failed, the site is unreachable
i tried also " go get github.com/gorilla/websocket" but it failed, it
request to install the git command i install it but no chance!

i didn't know what can i add or install to use the external packages!
any one can help me?
thanks

  • Chris dollin at Feb 18, 2014 at 11:11 am

    Hello ! I'm new with go and I'm working on a golang server that will use a
    websocket to connect to an html5/js client.
    the problem here with is with the importation of external packages like
    websocket.
    i tried to execute the cmd "go get code.google.com/p/go.net/websocket"
    but it failed, the site is unreachable
    Really? code.google.com is unreachable? Best check again. Do you need some
    proxy settings to get through a firewall perhaps?

    i tried also " go get github.com/gorilla/websocket" but it failed, it
    request to install the git command
    i install it but no chance!
    What does "no chance" mean? You couldn't install git, or you installed it
    and it
    still didn't work, or what? How did you (try to) install git?

    What operating system are you running?

    Chris

    --
    Chris "allusive" Dollin

  • Farah at Feb 18, 2014 at 1:01 pm
    Hi chris!

      when i did "go get code.google.com/p/go.net/websocket" it says attemt
    failed because a connected party did not properly respond of time or
    established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

    i downloaded and installed git from this site http://git-scm.com/downloads
    but it still didn't work it says "missing cmd git".

    i'm using windows,

  • Chris dollin at Feb 18, 2014 at 1:17 pm