I mean the Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions instruction set, or is it ok
to use gccgo to use the AVX? Thanks.

  • Minux at Feb 18, 2014 at 6:28 pm

    On Feb 18, 2014 12:51 PM, "Robert Sandra" wrote:
    I mean the Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions instruction set, or is it ok
    to use gccgo to use the AVX? Thanks.
    No. gc doesn't use AVX. And the assembler doesn't support most AVX
    instructions if any.

  • Dave Cheney at Feb 19, 2014 at 12:22 am
    No, the compiler does not generate anything above stock SSE2 on amd64.

    If you want to use specific instructions from later instruction sets you
    should use assembler. Assembler verbs are added on an as needs basis, or
    you can use the WORD pseudo instruction to encode the instruction yourself.
    I mean the Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions instruction set, or is it ok
    to use gccgo to use the AVX? Thanks.
  • Minux at Feb 19, 2014 at 2:25 am

    No, the compiler does not generate anything above stock SSE2 on amd64.

    If you want to use specific instructions from later instruction sets you
    should use assembler. Assembler verbs are added on an as needs basis, or
    you can use the WORD pseudo instruction to encode the instruction yourself.
    actually, use WORD for arm and BYTE for x86.