Hi All,

I am looking for some early stage open source projects to contribute to. I
am a go beginner and would like to learn by contributing. Any one looking
for any help or contributors for your projects? I can spend a couple of
hours every week on this :)

Thanks
srp_

  • Gerard at Feb 7, 2014 at 10:20 am
    What are your interesses? What kind of knowledge and experience do you have?
    I am looking for some early stage open source projects to contribute to. I
    am a go beginner and would like to learn by contributing. Any one looking
    for any help or contributors for your projects? I can spend a couple of
    hours every week on this :)

    Thanks
    srp_
  • Srp_ at Feb 7, 2014 at 10:36 am
    I come from a Python, C++ background. I have previously built web
    applications (mobile / desktop apps as well), command line tools, worked on
    task queues, have written APIs in django, flask. I am open to contributing
    to anything that is interesting. :)
    What are your interesses? What kind of knowledge and experience do you
    have?
    I am looking for some early stage open source projects to contribute to.
    I am a go beginner and would like to learn by contributing. Any one looking
    for any help or contributors for your projects? I can spend a couple of
    hours every week on this :)

    Thanks
    srp_
  • Dobrosław Żybort at Feb 7, 2014 at 6:23 pm
    If you have written APIs then maybe you will find interest in
    https://github.com/pksunkara/alpaca/ - automatic API client libraries
    generator.

    I come from a Python, C++ background. I have previously built web
    applications (mobile / desktop apps as well), command line tools, worked on
    task queues, have written APIs in django, flask. I am open to contributing
    to anything that is interesting. :)
    What are your interesses? What kind of knowledge and experience do you
    have?
    I am looking for some early stage open source projects to contribute to.
    I am a go beginner and would like to learn by contributing. Any one looking
    for any help or contributors for your projects? I can spend a couple of
    hours every week on this :)

    Thanks
    srp_
  • Matt Silverlock at Feb 7, 2014 at 10:43 am
    Take a look at popular Go projects on GitHub or GoDoc?

    https://github.com/trending?l=go&since=monthly and http://godoc.org/

    (and search for *.go using code search)

  • Srp_ at Feb 7, 2014 at 11:11 am
    Hi Matt,

    Yes, I generally do that but what I often see is that most of the project I
    find there are already pretty mature and done. I am looking for something
    that is still in the nascent stage!

    Thanks for the godoc link. I was not aware of that!