I would like to present a tool for dependency management, like maven or
npm, but for golang. It's in the early stage of developement and has a few
features. So, what we can do with it:

    - Describe project dependencies. Get or update them with one command.
    - Start preconfigured shell (bash currently) for our project
    - Start preconfigured editor (vim or gvim currently)
    - Tested on linux for now

TODO:

    - Study english!!!
    - Dependency versioning based on VCS tags (within a few days)
    - Dependency versioning based on repo (like maven)
    - Support for OSX, Windows
    - Support for zsh, cmd.exe

The link to the project is https://bitbucket.org/vegansk/gobs

  • Minux at Jan 10, 2014 at 7:45 pm

    I would like to present a tool for dependency management, like maven or
    npm, but for golang. It's in the early stage of developement and has a few
    features. So, what we can do with it:

    - Describe project dependencies. Get or update them with one command.
    - Start preconfigured shell (bash currently) for our project
    - Start preconfigured editor (vim or gvim currently)
    - Tested on linux for now

    TODO:

    - Study english!!!
    - Dependency versioning based on VCS tags (within a few days)
    - Dependency versioning based on repo (like maven)
    - Support for OSX, Windows
    - Support for zsh, cmd.exe

    The link to the project is https://bitbucket.org/vegansk/gobs
    Just a comment on the project name. in Go world, gob is most likely
    referring to encoding/gob:
    the Go specific encoding of Go values.

  • Egon at Jan 11, 2014 at 8:59 am
    What is the reasoning behind starting a new project instead
    fixing/extending already existing projects such as godep, gopin... etc.?
    Did you consider the drawbacks of using versioned dependencies e.g.
    http://areyoufuckingcoding.me/2012/04/16/dpendency-hell/?
    How do you "solve" dependency conflicts?
    Have you read
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k-3mwBqAdTIKGcilWZPuKSMy3DWtfNRFDs9o98lcwHY<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k-3mwBqAdTIKGcilWZPuKSMy3DWtfNRFDs9o98lcwHY/edit?usp=sharing>
    ?
    Have you read