Has anyone else noticed that the format functionality is slightly broken
at the moment?

Code is frequently deformatted is strange ways (small arbitrary sections
unindented) which then reformat when a character is added. Also, the
cursor is sometimes placed within a line rather than the apparent end of
the line when the mouse is clicked at the right of the line text (as
though the editor does not believe the text extends as far as it does).

thanks
Dan

Also, a -1 for automatic import deletion in the playground.

  • Dave Cheney at Dec 17, 2013 at 10:20 pm
    Has anyone else noticed that the format functionality is slightly broken
    at the moment? Sample?
    Code is frequently deformatted is strange ways (small arbitrary sections
    unindented) which then reformat when a character is added. Also, the
    cursor is sometimes placed within a line rather than the apparent end of
    the line when the mouse is clicked at the right of the line text (as
    though the editor does not believe the text extends as far as it does).

    thanks
    Dan

    Also, a -1 for automatic import deletion in the playground.
    Why does everyone dump on this feature? As a side, and much more important effect, it enables automatic import _addition_.
  • Andrew Gerrand at Dec 17, 2013 at 10:21 pm
    https://code.google.com/p/go/issues/detail?id=6947

    Examples of bad formatting would be appreciated.

  • Dan Kortschak at Dec 17, 2013 at 10:41 pm