Pales in comparison to Go 1.2 being released but Goncurses 0.2 has been
tagged. There are a lot of changes since 0.1 and some of those are not
backwards compatible.

I have created a Google Group for Goncurses too, for anyone wanting to
discuss Goncurses development or ncurses as it pertains to Go which can be
found at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/goncurses. I expect it to
be very low volume.

For those who like it short, highlights include:

* SLK Soft-Keys have been implemented.
* Print, Printf and Println functions (Move version too) have been
implemented to make the API more Go-like.
* Functions which deal with colours have been changed to use int16 to
prevent integer overflow when converting to the C short type ncurses
expects.
* Added a bunch of other functionality, like NewTerm and input buffer
timeout for GetChar.

More details can be found in my blog post here:
http://noeffclue.blogspot.ca/2013/11/upcoming-changes-in-goncurses-02.html

  • John Fries at Dec 2, 2013 at 6:15 pm
    Very cool, Rob, thanks!