I was just wondering if there is an easy way to update golang, without just
reinstalling it (ie. go update).

  • Matt Silverlock at Oct 30, 2013 at 3:56 am
    https://github.com/moovweb/gvm may be useful. Otherwise, Homebrew if you're
    using OS X.

    Other than that, an uninstall -> reinstall isn't really a big problem with
    Go. You don't need to reinstall your packages, and it's rare for any
    package to have issues between versions of Go due to the Go 1 guarantee
    (backwards compat/stable API).

    PS: Most languages don't provide a way to upgrade their runtime/VM/etc with
    a one-liner. It's generally left for package managers to handle (because
    why reinvent the wheel?)