Hello All,

A new version of godev, a web-based Go language IDE, has been released to
GitHub. To install/upgrade to the newest version:

go get -u github.com/sirnewton01/godev

GitHub link (source code): https://github.com/sirnewton01/godev
JazzHub link (enhancements, defects):
https://hub.jazz.net/project/sirnewton/godev

Two new YouTube videos have been added.
Quick Start: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7RBElvfCkc&feature=youtu.be
Sprint Summary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQe5nr1tq3k&feature=youtu.be

Cheers,
Chris

  • Yves Junqueira at Oct 27, 2013 at 9:36 pm
    This is looking very promising, thanks for sharing.

    With regards to Remote Access, do you plan to add authentication via
    Google/Twitter/FB etc, so we can leave the tool running in a publicly
    accessible address (for convenience), but protecting the content somewhat?

    A new version of godev, a web-based Go language IDE, has been released to
    GitHub. To install/upgrade to the newest version:

    go get -u github.com/sirnewton01/godev

    GitHub link (source code): https://github.com/sirnewton01/godev
    JazzHub link (enhancements, defects):
    https://hub.jazz.net/project/sirnewton/godev

    Two new YouTube videos have been added.
    Quick Start: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7RBElvfCkc&feature=youtu.be
    Sprint Summary:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQe5nr1tq3k&feature=youtu.be

    Cheers,
    Chris

    Yves Junqueira <http://cetico.org/about>

  • Chris McGee at Oct 28, 2013 at 12:46 am
    Thank you for the interest.

    The remote access capability already uses a simple magic token, special URL
    and cookie to allow you to easily access your development environment while
    blocking others. If you forget the special URL and need to be able to
    access it via another web browser then you'll have to restart the godev
    server via ssh/remote desktop to get a new token.

    I will add a task to investigate a true authentication mechanism. I can
    start with Google/Twitter/FB as you suggested. Would Mozilla Persona be
    useful to you as well?

    Also, do you think that using the OS to authenticate might work for you?
    Since you are already able to log into that machine you could use the same
    credentials.

    Cheers,
    Chris