I'd like to annouce my first major project in go, a simple markdown
based blogging platform. It's pretty straight forward; article content
in markdown, metadata in yaml. It uses mustache templates to do all of
the formatting. An earlier version used the html/template package from
the std lib but I dropped that in favor of mustache because mustache
let me specify in the template where html was going to go. It made my
life a lot easier in the content pipline. You can find the source on
github [1] under the MIT licence. If you want to see it in action,
I've got it running my personal web site. [2] One of the things I like
most is that the only html that is generated is the converted
markdown, which IMHO makes it very easy to theme.

[1] https://github.com/mpnordland/coconut
[2] http://www.thoughtfuldragon.com/

  • Rodrigo Kochenburger at Oct 25, 2013 at 6:42 pm
    Looks interesting. I'd just suggest running your code through "go fmt",
    it's currently all unaligned and w/ bad indentation.