FAQ
I've recently started listening to the RubyRogues podcasts and after some unscientific polling on Twitter to see if there's anything equivalent for golang it seems there isn't. If I were to have a stab at something similar would there be interest? And are there any others in the golang community who'd be interested in getting involved?

I'm thinking that a regular panel of three with the same number of guests each episode would make for an interesting mix.


Ellie

Eleanor McHugh
Games With Brains
http://about.me/eleanor_mchugh
----
ruby: raise ArgumentError unless @reality.responds_to? :reason
golang: if _, ok := reality.(Reasonable); !ok { panic(reality) }

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-nuts" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-nuts+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Search Discussions

  • Robert Melton at Oct 22, 2013 at 9:41 pm
    3+x can be hard to organize and is very dependency heavy. The most
    important thing early is consistency, above all else, if you say you
    will do it weekly, monthly, etc. Make sure you do it. If you say it
    will be around an hour, ensure it is. I think the GitMinutes format
    is fairly good in that it is light (to produce), and can vary between
    very technical to far more conversational, leaves a lot of
    flexibility.

    I would listen!

    On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 4:47 PM, Eleanor McHugh
    wrote:
    I've recently started listening to the RubyRogues podcasts and after some unscientific polling on Twitter to see if there's anything equivalent for golang it seems there isn't. If I were to have a stab at something similar would there be interest? And are there any others in the golang community who'd be interested in getting involved?

    I'm thinking that a regular panel of three with the same number of guests each episode would make for an interesting mix.


    Ellie

    Eleanor McHugh
    Games With Brains
    http://about.me/eleanor_mchugh
    ----
    ruby: raise ArgumentError unless @reality.responds_to? :reason
    golang: if _, ok := reality.(Reasonable); !ok { panic(reality) }

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-nuts" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-nuts+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


    --
    Robert Melton | Contact Information @ http://robertmelton.com
    “Go(lang) doesn't implicitly anything.”

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-nuts" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-nuts+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • Eric Johnson at Oct 22, 2013 at 10:14 pm
    A much simpler step....

    Could one or more of the project leads reach out to Randall Schwartz,
    and sign up for an episode on Go for FLOSS Weekly?

    http://twit.tv/show/floss-weekly

    Thanks!

    Eric.
    On 10/22/13 2:40 PM, Robert Melton wrote:
    3+x can be hard to organize and is very dependency heavy. The most
    important thing early is consistency, above all else, if you say you
    will do it weekly, monthly, etc. Make sure you do it. If you say it
    will be around an hour, ensure it is. I think the GitMinutes format
    is fairly good in that it is light (to produce), and can vary between
    very technical to far more conversational, leaves a lot of
    flexibility.

    I would listen!

    On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 4:47 PM, Eleanor McHugh
    wrote:
    I've recently started listening to the RubyRogues podcasts and after some unscientific polling on Twitter to see if there's anything equivalent for golang it seems there isn't. If I were to have a stab at something similar would there be interest? And are there any others in the golang community who'd be interested in getting involved?

    I'm thinking that a regular panel of three with the same number of guests each episode would make for an interesting mix.


    Ellie

    Eleanor McHugh
    Games With Brains
    http://about.me/eleanor_mchugh
    ----
    ruby: raise ArgumentError unless @reality.responds_to? :reason
    golang: if _, ok := reality.(Reasonable); !ok { panic(reality) }

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-nuts" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-nuts+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-nuts" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-nuts+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • Eric Palmer at Oct 22, 2013 at 10:35 pm
    +1. I love floss weekly. This would be great.

    Sent from my iPhone
    On Oct 22, 2013, at 6:14 PM, Eric Johnson wrote:

    A much simpler step....

    Could one or more of the project leads reach out to Randall Schwartz, and sign up for an episode on Go for FLOSS Weekly?

    http://twit.tv/show/floss-weekly

    Thanks!

    Eric.
    On 10/22/13 2:40 PM, Robert Melton wrote:
    3+x can be hard to organize and is very dependency heavy. The most
    important thing early is consistency, above all else, if you say you
    will do it weekly, monthly, etc. Make sure you do it. If you say it
    will be around an hour, ensure it is. I think the GitMinutes format
    is fairly good in that it is light (to produce), and can vary between
    very technical to far more conversational, leaves a lot of
    flexibility.

    I would listen!

    On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 4:47 PM, Eleanor McHugh
    wrote:
    I've recently started listening to the RubyRogues podcasts and after some unscientific polling on Twitter to see if there's anything equivalent for golang it seems there isn't. If I were to have a stab at something similar would there be interest? And are there any others in the golang community who'd be interested in getting involved?

    I'm thinking that a regular panel of three with the same number of guests each episode would make for an interesting mix.


    Ellie

    Eleanor McHugh
    Games With Brains
    http://about.me/eleanor_mchugh
    ----
    ruby: raise ArgumentError unless @reality.responds_to? :reason
    golang: if _, ok := reality.(Reasonable); !ok { panic(reality) }

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-nuts" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-nuts+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-nuts" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-nuts+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-nuts" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-nuts+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • Skybluecoder at Mar 8, 2014 at 7:36 pm
    I would listen to one person talking about GO.
    It is likely overtime others would join.
    GO has incredible promise.
    On Tuesday, October 22, 2013 2:47:10 PM UTC-6, Eleanor McHugh wrote:

    I've recently started listening to the RubyRogues podcasts and after some
    unscientific polling on Twitter to see if there's anything equivalent for
    golang it seems there isn't. If I were to have a stab at something similar
    would there be interest? And are there any others in the golang community
    who'd be interested in getting involved?

    I'm thinking that a regular panel of three with the same number of guests
    each episode would make for an interesting mix.


    Ellie

    Eleanor McHugh
    Games With Brains
    http://about.me/eleanor_mchugh
    ----
    ruby: raise ArgumentError unless @reality.responds_to?
    :reason
    golang: if _, ok := reality.(Reasonable); !ok { panic(reality) }
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-nuts" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-nuts+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupgolang-nuts @
categoriesgo
postedOct 22, '13 at 9:27p
activeMar 8, '14 at 7:36p
posts5
users5
websitegolang.org

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase