Go nuts is a CPAN/CTAN/npm like repository to version go packages:

http://www.gonuts.io/-/doc/philosophy
On Tuesday, October 4, 2011 4:38:47 PM UTC+2, Ondekoza wrote:

Several other projects have a large repository (with mirrors) of third
party packages that are easily installed form there. CPAN comes to
mind, but also CTAN (for TeX), CRAN for R and I guess Ruby has sth
similar.

I believe Go should have a repository from which I can pull new/
updated packages with a single command.

like a Comprehensive Go Archive Network (CGAN).

What do you think?
Stefan

PS If something like this already exist I'd be grateful for more
coverage on the golang website.

  • Eric Johnson at Oct 22, 2013 at 5:38 pm
    I'm a Go noob, and trying to figure out where things are headed.

    "gonuts" seems interesting, except I just looked and it doesn't seem to
    have much in it, especially compared to resources elsewhere.

    Is this a new effort that's just getting started? How does this relate to
    the packaging discussion that just started?

    -Eric.
    Go nuts is a CPAN/CTAN/npm like repository to version go packages:

    http://www.gonuts.io/-/doc/philosophy
    Several other projects have a large repository (with mirrors) of third
    party packages that are easily installed form there. CPAN comes to
    mind, but also CTAN (for TeX), CRAN for R and I guess Ruby has sth
    similar.

    I believe Go should have a repository from which I can pull new/
    updated packages with a single command.

    like a Comprehensive Go Archive Network (CGAN).

    What do you think?
    Stefan

    PS If something like this already exist I'd be grateful for more
    coverage on the golang website.
  • Kyle Lemons at Oct 22, 2013 at 10:09 pm

    I'm a Go noob, and trying to figure out where things are headed.

    "gonuts" seems interesting, except I just looked and it doesn't seem to
    have much in it, especially compared to resources elsewhere.

    Is this a new effort that's just getting started? How does this relate to
    the packaging discussion that just started?
    It's one of the many proposed solutions to the versioning problem. None
    seem to have gotten much traction.

    -Eric.
    Go nuts is a CPAN/CTAN/npm like repository to version go packages:

    http://www.gonuts.io/-/doc/**philosophy<http://www.gonuts.io/-/doc/philosophy>