I am trying to process the following request URL

/names/1/view

r http.Request

r.URL.Path produces the following string

the 1 is processed as \x011
I'm unable to convert the string to an integer.
Any tips ?

Thanks.

  • Kyle Lemons at Oct 3, 2013 at 9:09 pm
    Show some code? It seems unlikely that /names/1/view would have a \x11 in
    it.

    I am trying to process the following request URL

    /names/1/view

    r http.Request

    r.URL.Path produces the following string

    the 1 is processed as \x011
    I'm unable to convert the string to an integer.
    Any tips ?

    Thanks.

  • Ross Light at Oct 3, 2013 at 9:26 pm
    I strongly suspect that you are building a URL in one of your pages with
    string(idNum). You actually want to use the strconv package.

    Ross Light | Software Engineer | light@google.com

    Show some code? It seems unlikely that /names/1/view would have a \x11 in
    it.

    I am trying to process the following request URL

    /names/1/view

    r http.Request

    r.URL.Path produces the following string

    the 1 is processed as \x011
    I'm unable to convert the string to an integer.
    Any tips ?

    Thanks.

  • Badk at Oct 3, 2013 at 11:29 pm
    Actually the URL was being entered on the client (Firefox) and I was
    processing it using http.Request.....
    I closed Firefox and opened it and voila the funny characters
    stopped...it's almost as if something had
    corrupted all calls from the client...and I spent hours on this trying and
    retrying....

    Ross Light | Software Engineer | li...@google.com <javascript:>

    On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 2:09 PM, Kyle Lemons <kev...@google.com<javascript:>