Can sleep-deadlock occur if I have a select statement with clause
case <-time.After(20*time.Millisecond): ?

And, say, two other receive channels.

  • Kyle Lemons at Oct 2, 2013 at 5:07 pm
    The runtime won't panic with "deadlock: all goroutines are asleep!" if
    that's what you're asking.

    Can sleep-deadlock occur if I have a select statement with clause
    case <-time.After(20*time.**Millisecond): ?

    And, say, two other receive channels.

    .
  • Nico at Oct 2, 2013 at 5:27 pm
    I don't see how it could, especially considering that the following
    example doesn't:

      http://play.golang.org/p/1iSIGvo1If

    package main

    import (
      "fmt"
      "time"
    )

    func main() {
      select {
      case <-time.After(20 * time.Millisecond):
       fmt.Println("Hello, playground")