HI,
the link on this post has expired and i couldnt find the paper could you
please send me a copy of the paper should you have it.
thank you
Manas Dadheech
On Friday, 3 June 2011 18:53:48 UTC+5:30, bsr wrote:

Just saw this post on hacker news
https://days2011.scala-lang.org/sites/days2011/files/ws3-1-Hundt.pdf
.. hope u may interested... I wasn't too impressed with the analysis,
as some of the factors stands out for me
1. complexity. It may take years to get to Scala Pro standard, until
then the program would be a port of Java to Scala syntax. Also not
sure how maintainable is it.
2. Binary size. Of course, it is not linear as the size of runtime is
a constant overhead.
3. I am not sure what they mean by "a Go program is only valid if it
comes unmodified out of the automatic formatter gofmt". I think you
could always write with semicolon, spacing and compile withour gofmt.
thanks,
bsr.

  • Ian Lance Taylor at Oct 2, 2013 at 3:44 pm

    the link on this post has expired and i couldnt find the paper could you
    please send me a copy of the paper should you have it.
    The paper is not a good analysis of Go.

    If you are interested in Go you would do better to read this blog
    entry, which discusses the paper:
         http://blog.golang.org/profiling-go-programs

    Ian

  • Velzend at Oct 4, 2013 at 7:52 pm
    Really nice article/paper from Russ Cox and Shenghou Ma.

    Did not knew about the:

    import _ "net/http/pprof"

    Nice! thnx!!!

    the link on this post has expired and i couldnt find the paper could you
    please send me a copy of the paper should you have it.
    The paper is not a good analysis of Go.

    If you are interested in Go you would do better to read this blog
    entry, which discusses the paper:
    http://blog.golang.org/profiling-go-programs

    Ian
  • Bienlein at Oct 4, 2013 at 8:41 pm

    Here is another link to the same document:
    http://static.googleusercontent.com/external_content/untrusted_dlcp/research.google.com/de//pubs/archive/37122.pdf